It's arrived early this year. Like everything else in the world, the annual mystery parcel appears to have fallen victim to Christmas creep. Mind you, this year the anonymous twelve days of Christmas mail-out was postmarked in New Zealand, so evidently the gift-giver was determined that it arrive well before those six white boomers race Santa under the blazing sun, which was prudent. We'll wait until the OFKAR is home for Christmas before opening it, of course, but I expect that we will find ten something-or-others. Drummers? Lords? I can never remember.
It seems timely at this point to indulge my inner list-maker (and thus refresh my increasingly foggy memory) by putting together a chronology of those mysterious Christmas parcels thus far. You have been warned.
- (2011) nein injured dancers
- (2011) the arrival of nein
- (2010) eight milk maids and one unibomber
- (2009) return of the seven swans
- (2009) the swan has escaped from the castle
- (2009) ignoring seven swans
- (2008) alaying those six geese
- (2007) those five golden rings only get a #7 mention on the list
- (2006) four calling birds from Philadelphia photographed on a mantel
I'll bet that now you are as thankful as I am that there are only twelve days of Christmas, aren't you?