playing in the daylight: Calgary Folk Fest 2012 days three & four
These things I remember fondly about Saturday and Sunday of the folk festival:
- Sitting in the shade next to the Spousal Unit on a toasty Saturday morning, sipping on a Timmie's and rocking out to Eve Hell and the Razors' infectious psycho-billy, is pretty close to heaven.
- Eve Hell is my newest girl crush.
- German techno is the latest form of folk music: Rae Spoon
- In Scotland it's illegal to play music during the daylight, unless you're still playing from the night before: Shooglenifty
- I don't know why I used to be intimidated to do artists' contracts. The hardest part is finding the good calculator.
- Alejandra Robles' merch person giving me a CD in thanks was really sweet.
- Joey Glynn, bassist for Pokey Lafarge and the South City Three giving me the poster I admired and then signing it for me was super awesome.
- He didn't play any Replacements during the workshop in which I saw him, but apparently Justin Townes Earle performed Can't Hardly Wait in his mainstage set.
- John Doe played a bunch of X songs!
- Met a lot of fascinating people during artist cashout, but still wish I could have seen some of the mainstage and more of the workshops. Next year I'll definitely have the Clonomatic 6000 functional.