The excitement levels around here are off the chain these days. Why, you ask? Check this:
1. The OFKAR comes home today for three glorious weeks, first visit since Christmas. Commence the porch-sitting, the witty repartee, the belly rubs.
2. The Calgary Folk Music Festival begins in just over a week. Beirut! Jeff Mangum! The Barr Brothers! Eve Hell & the Razor! Gillian Welch! Little Scream! John Doe! Justin Townes Earl! Rae Spoon! Whitehorse! Reuben & the Dark! Chris Isaak! The Rural Alberta Advantage! I could go on all day, really.
3. Communiqu3 plans are gelling nicely. The Seattle house has been booked, and Frightened Rabbit tickets have been secured. Music, laughter and exploring one of my favourite cities, all in the company of fine friends - it does not get much better than that.
4. The shrieker who was visiting the Trampoline family next door has finally gone home. Peace reigns. I am rather hoping that the Lawnmower kids return from their vacation soon though, because even though they can be loud, they always manage to say something amazing.
5. The Spousal Unit is cooking up his world famous hot wings tonight to celebrate the OFKAR's triumphant return. This despite the fact that the mercury is planning to hover around 30C today. That's fatherly love at its finest.
What's getting you excited today?