- a brand new grand-nephew, Ari William. It will be a while before I get to indulge in that new baby smell, but I am anxiously awaiting photos.
- my Calgary 2012 Cultural Ambassador bling. It was a real down-home shit-kicker of a media launch yesterday, complete with poet laureate Kris Demeanor leading us in a battle for chorus supremacy singalong of Sweet City Woman. (The filmer was right in front of me, you may just hear me singing)
- dark purple toe nails, almost black. I feel so secretly goth.
- heart palpitations over the breaking news that Jeff Mangum is playing the Calgary Folk Festival this year. In the same media release, came the news that Iron & Wine and Randy Newman are also coming to the festival. I always get Iron & Wine mixed up with that other heavily-bearded dude Bon Iver, so while I know I saw one of them at the folk festival a couple of years ago, I couldn't really tell you which one. Also I can't hear the name Randy Newman without thinking of that Family Guy episode where Randy Newman sings about everything that he sees.
- finished reading Ruth Rendell's The Vault, but am feeling a tad too lazy to give it a proper review. I really should, because I enjoyed it thoroughly and found it to be a completely satisfying Inspector Wexford mystery. How about a Twitteresque review, instead? Read it.