The plumber was at our house for 4 friggin hours today. Mind you, this included 3 trips to the hardware store, one time for a replacement main shut-off valve for the house, the original which snapped off as he tried to turn the water off. The rest were just because he forgot a bunch of stuff in the first trip.
Plus he kept getting lost in our house. Seriously. And it's not that big a house, but every time he tried to find the basement or the bedroom in which the en suite was located, he had to stop and ask me. This happened at least 5 times.
Now, I am not going to quote an electrician friend and talk about how plumbers are electricians with their heads caved in, but really what is there to remember except that shit flows downhill? Mind you, this is coming from someone who had to call a plumber to replace the guts in the toilet tank, so maybe I should just shut the hell up.
On another matter, I am so incredibly overdue on some memes that I owe people (and let's not even discuss those book reviews that I can't even remember the books for which I never wrote them), that it's time I pulled up a couple of socks here.
Tonight's meme is so long overdue that it's almost new again and comes compliments of a tag from the lovely and talented Westcoast Walker. Mr Walker wanted a peek inside my psyche via my Top 25 Most Played Songs feature on itunes. Normally I would agree that this is an excellent way to get a glimpse of someone's personality or at least predilections, but in my case, it's not as telling as it should be. I do a large portion of my music listening on my endless commutes, during which time I play entire cds, and I generally slap my computer on random, so my Top 25 list is not as informative as it should be. That said, and with sincere apologies to Westcoast Walker, here be my Top 25 Most Played:
1. Cries of the Dead - Chad VanGaalen (11)
2. Part of a Poem by Alden Nowlan Called Ypres:1915 - NQ Arbuckle (9)
3. Rabid Bits of Time - Chad VanGaalen (7)
4. Apartment Story - the National (7)
5. Gagging Order - Radiohead (7)
6. Scatterbrain - Radiohead (7)
7. President (35) - Elliott Brood (6)
8. When My Boy Walks Down the Street - Magnetic Fields (6)
9. Lozenge of Love - Radiohead (6)
10. Inní Mér Syngur Vitleysingur - Sigur Rós (6)
11. Big John Shaft - Belle and Sebastian (5)
12. Human Behaviour - Bjork (5)
13. Willow Tree - Chad VanGaalen (5)
14. Bones of Man - Chad VanGaalen (5)
15. Phantom Anthills - Chad VanGaalen (5)
16. You Trip Me Up - the Jesus and Mary Chain (5)
17. Analyse - Thom Yorke (5)
18. Inside the Molecules - Chad VanGaalen (4)
19. Bare Feet on Wet Griptape - Chad VanGaalen (4)
20. Poisonous Heads - Chad VanGaalen (4)
21. TMNT Mask - Chad VanGaalen (4)
22. Molten Light - Chad VanGaalen (4)
23. Old Man + the Sea - Chad VanGaalen (4)
24. City of Electric Light - Chad VanGaalen (4)
25. Ballad of a Lonely Construction Worker - Cuff the Duke (4)
Jesus Christ on a cracker, I hear you exclaim, what's with all the Chad VG songs, and suspiciously all from his new release too? That, my friends, would be the easiest question I have answered all day (with the possible exception of which way to the basement). It's a fine fine album, and the release party is this Saturday night. I'm practicing.
What are your current Top 25 Most Played, and what deep dark secrets do they reveal about you? Come, let me pick your brain.