Twenty-four things I have loved this Victoria Day (May Two-Fer) long weekend:
1. the whole family getting Friday off as well
2. temperatures in the high 20s
3. capris and sandals
4. watching the buds on the cherry tree outside the window explode into life
5. those unflaggingly friendly, polite, sweet, and adorable sushi guys
6. first outdoor meal of the year
7. reading the paper on the front deck on a quiet Saturday evening
8. Coop sushi which is way too fresh and delicious to be supermarket sushi
9. hearing the man next door call his sons "darling"
10. sleeping in for 4 consecutive days
11. outdoor blogging
12. club soda and tonic with a wedge of lime
13. men with accessory babies strapped to their chests
14. watching Dog Day Afternoon, thinking I was going to be watching Reservoir Dogs (where the hell is Mr Pink?)
15. shopping for a summer purse and rejecting them all as supremely fugly.
16. bare feet with hot pink nail polish
17. all the windows and screen doors wide open
18. putting up summer curtains in the dining room
19. watching Muriel's Wedding again 14 years later and still finding it sweet and charming
20. matcha smoothies at the coffee house in Kensington
21. hauling the lounge chair out of the garage
23. sour cream and 0nion chips
24. lounging around outside with the cat
What have you loved this weekend?
I hope you are all having a blissful weekend, and if you are lucky enough to celebrate Victoria Day, why don't you help yourself to an extra serving of bliss? Very few calories in the new improved variety.
Here's some bliss for your ears:
Sunshine Snare Hits - Chad VanGaalen