Recently Bloody Awful Poetry came down with a nasty case of Dengue fever that landed her in the hospital. So what's one of the first things she does when she re-enters the land of the living? She sends out a tag of course.
And who am I to refuse a tag from someone who might very well have been using her last moments on this plane to learn more about me?
These be the instructions what came along with it:
Remove one question from below, and add in your personal question, make it a total of 20 questions, then tag 8 people in your list. List them out at the end of this post. Notify them in their chat box that he/she has been tagged. Whoever does the tag will have blessings from all.
(Okay, I'm going to halt things right here for a second to assure you that there is no way on god's green earth that I am tagging 8 people. I don't have a death wish, after all. I will follow BAP's example on this and tag the much more palatable number of 3 fine bloggers. I'm still expecting blessings from all, mind.)
1. Who is your all-time inspiration?
I am inspired by many different people, for many different reasons. But the person who most embodies all that I hold sacred and who truly inspires me to be true to myself, is Eric Cartman.
2. Have you given your first kiss away?
Do you mean as opposed to charging money for it? I don't recall any money changing hands, so I must have given it away. So, yes! The answer is yes!
Only three? That is indeed cruel, and causes me a great deal of anguish, thinking of all the great blog buddies I will be leaving behind.
But I am nothing if not compliant, so I will bring along:
1) Michelle -who has an encyclopedic knowledge of every known ailment.
2) Allison - who has built a house in the tropics before, and who never fails to make me laugh.
3) Bubs - who has a background in law enforcement and narcozoology, as well as plenty of hands on experience in mixology. There are bound to be some coconuts on that island that are just crying out for a little cocktail umbrella.
4. Where is the place you want to go to the most?
5. If you could have one dream come true, what would it be?
The one where I ran into Thom Yorke in the hallway of the high school after Radiohead played an impromptu concert for our class. Except I would change the part of the dream where he told me that he was quitting music and that was Radiohead's last ever concert. And I'd also change it so that after he finished weeping we would go for a nice cup of tea together.
6. Do you believe in seeing a rainbow after the rain?
Sure, if the conditions are right. Rainbows only occur, though, when there is sun or moon illuminating the raindrops. Also if the sun is too high in the sky (higher than 42 degrees altitude), you won't see a rainbow. ... Oh, do you mean metaphorically? No, not necessarily; sometimes after rain, there is just more rain.
7. What are you most afraid of losing right now?
My eyesight. That's always been my biggest fear.
8. If you win one million dollars what would you do?
Quit my job, build that cottage, publish a magazine, run a music promotion business, open a wildly popular all-ages concert venue (with an attached coffeeshop/bookstore) to showcase local talent and attract all my favourite bands to the city. And I guess I will have run out of money by then.
9. If/when you meet somebody that you love, would you confess it to him/her?
It would depend whether or not my husband was present.
10. List out three good points of the person who tagged you.
I don't really know Bloody Awful Poetry all that well yet, but she does:
1) have one of the best blog names out there (to paraphrase Michael Scott: "that's what Morrissey said!")
2) demonstrate impeccable taste in menfolk
3) sometimes make me snort coffee out my nose with her pithy remarks
11. Three weird facts about yourself
You would think that with all the me me me memes I have done over the years, there would not be any weird facts left to divulge, but no, there's more:
1) I developed a squid allergy a few years ago. It took me three bouts of cramps and vomiting after eating squid before I figured it out
2) I can drive a tractor, including loading and unloading it off a flatbed trailer
3) I have never been able to do a cartwheel.
12. Which type of person do you hate the most?
People who don't take responsibility for their own actions. Also whiners.
13. If you have faults, would you rather the people around you point it out to you or would you rather they keep quiet?
It should be "If you have faults, would you rather the people around you point
14. What do you think is most important in life?
15. Are you a shopaholic?
No no no no no, I'm strictly a focussed shopper. Shopping is a necessary evil. Well except for cds. And books. And maybe chocolate.
16. State one of your desires.
Travel. Having recently scratched the scab off a long-buried travel bug, I feel the lure of these places- Scotland, Scandinavia, Iceland, Bermuda, Brazil, and the east coast of Canada.
17. Which part of your character would you like to change?
The OCD part that says I might as well do this myself, because nobody else can do it just right. That part only makes extra work for me (and makes me a pain in the ass).
18. What have you been putting off doing lately?
What haven't I been putting off doing? I slacked off at work the other day to look up concert reviews, I still haven't finished decrapping the basement which I wanted to get done before spring, and I really really need to caulk around the shower before the wall rots out.
19. 2+2 =?
The first part of the title of a really good Radiohead song. [2+2=5 (The Lukewarm) - track one of Hail to the Thief, 2003, length - 3:19]
20. Describe yourself in three words.
Sociable, detail-oriented, pragmatic
And now it's your go, my preciouses. I close my eyes, point my mouse at my blog roll and spin three times. When it has stopped scrolling each time, I see it is pointing to Moxie, Toccata, and Dguzman. Have at it, lovelies!
Bonus points if you can pick which question I added (without first checking BAP's blog, of course - you cheaters).