Although I am still currently scrambling to get myself caught up after a weekend of debauchery and laughing so hard that I would get all phlegmmy, it was completely worth blowing off my responsibilities to hang with the lovely and fabulous Marthas. Above you see us in all our Hedwig and the Angry Inch viewing finery. Nothing too flashy or tranny, but damn we thought we looked fine.
Oh look, it's the cute rub-on tattoos that the ever-effervescent Mel sent me! Mel, we were channeling you when as we sported these babies all weekend. I'm still wearing my bad-ass snake.
Here you see Bev painting her clay thingy. It took our group about 564 times longer to complete these pieces than we originally figured, but with all the snorting and cackling and rofling that went on, who was counting?
The planned karaoke outing was usurped by a Thai dinner, complete with an Asian beer sampling session. Here you see Sandra and Eliz demonstrating the results of mixing Amkrit and Tiger lagers. tsk tsk
Prior to the beer-tasting, but still displaying that same jolly attitude, Sandra demonstrates the mood-enhancing effects of buying the entire stock of No Pudge Brownie mix in the entire Calgary Stupidstore chain.
Sunday lunch - I drag the gang off to my favourite local Japanese restaurant where Bev and I battle for supremacy of the tatami room. There is no clear winner.
I'm not used to people to talk in their sleep, especially ones who calmly and eloquently declare "could someone please turn on the news? Quay quay quay, please?", but Eliz pulled it off. Not everyone can manage to look that elegant as they blow their wine cooler either.
some highlights and lowlights:
- Bev scoring a way better room than we originally booked and then paying way less for it
- the lovely lads from the room next to us, who were friendly, polite and quiet. I think they must have been aliens
- the hotel being overrun by some hockey tournament families on Saturday, complete with the parents drinking in the hallway until late into the night, and then sending the kids out into the hall to play hockey at 7:00 the next morning. Trailer trash, all of them.
- me scoring a Jenny Lewis and the Watson Twins cd at the used record store, AND a Radiohead single of There There featuring a couple of bonus tracks which I didn't already own PLUS a print of one of the Stanley Downwood city series. A completionist's wet dream.
- achieving consensus for booking the next womanly weekend for June