I went to work yesterday and lasted three hours. But I got some crucial items looked after and then I actually had a pretty good evening and was thinking that I had turned the corner but today I'm not so sure. I guess I'm still up and down. I am going back to the doctor tomorrow though, and that always makes me feel better. It's sort of a reverse white-coat syndrome, I guess.
There are so many things that I have been putting off on account of Nigel, and since I didn't have a chance to indulge in as many end of the year lists as I wanted, here's what I plan to do when I am myself again:
1. Make those year end cds I've promised you. They were supposed to be a New Year's thing, and now I see I have even missed Eastern Orthodox New Years. Maybe I'll try for Chinese New Years instead. Gung Hey Fat Choy!
In case you missed out on the initial offer, it's not too late to get in on the action. I am mixing some cds of a zombie's year in music, available to anybody who asks. Just give me a shout and if I don't already have a mailing address for you, shoot me an email. At the rate I am going, these may not be made till Ground Hog Day, but we will get there.
2. Shave my legs.
3. Replace that storm window which blew off and smashed in the windstorm last night. That was fun picking shards of glass out of the snowbank this morning. (Nigel was rubbing his hands together in glee) Pffftt, "storm window" my ass!
4. Recycle those 500 pounds of newspapers which have piled up. Thank god they weren't the pre-Christmas ones with the 75 flyers in each paper.
5. Get my hair dyed so that I don't get asked if I want the senior's discount.
6. Replace the lamp over the dining room table which threatened to come crashing down on our heads New Years Eve, and is now being held in place by four rivets and a bundle of wire.
7. Find an electrician who can replace above death trap lamp.
8. Figure out where and when I will see Radiohead either this spring or late summer/early fall. I swear on Nigel's soon to be dug grave that this will happen.
9. Plan a family trip to California for spring break to make up for the shitty Christmas I put them through.
10. Decide whether or not to start drinking coffee again.
What have you been putting off for a sunnier day?