I have been tagged by the fabulous Beth, she of the colour coordinated reading glasses and the most amazing stories of personal brushes with music celebs. Dear Beth wanted me to spill seven facts not previously divulged about me. Which is more challenging than it seems, seeing as most of you already know everything about me, right down to the fact that I have a pair of snowflake undies. But I am ready for a challenge.
1. I used to be terrified of wasps, but am not anymore. I'm not sure when my attitude changed, but I think it was right around the time the Resident Offspring was a wee thing, enjoying lunch outside whilst trapped in her high chair. Suddenly her hard-boiled egg, cottage cheese and grapes were crawling with wasps, and since I was the adult in the scenario, I had no choice but to go on the attack. I believe I dispatched 25+ wasps that day. Killing is empowering.
2. The first language I spoke was German. I didn't start speaking English until I was about four. Sometimes it shows.
3. I don't have a favourite colour, although colour is intensively important to me. If a room is painted the wrong colour, it will bother me enormously. Trying to pick a favourite colour is like trying to choose your favourite offspring. Although lately grey has been getting the nod a lot.
On the other hand, my favourite number has always been 6.
4. I cannot nap. I feel all disoriented and grouchy if I sleep during the day, so I don't bother. However, since my back injury, I have been managing to log at least one (sometimes two) 2-3 hours naps per day. I hope this does not become a habit.
5. I have a scar under my chin from fainting during physiology class, watching open heart surgery on a sheep. And yet, my degrees are in physiology.
6. I backpacked around Europe for two months when I was 17.
7. I can smell asparagus pee. This is a party trick, which only about 40% of the population have the genes to pull off.
Are you an asparagus pee smeller?
And now I believe I have told absolutely everything there is to know about me (I'm not too complex). And since I can never remember who hates being tagged with a meme and who loves it, I will not tag anyone specifically. If you love doing these memes, please consider yourself tagged, if you hate doing them, you can thank me now.