- Marry, Shag or Cliff
- that song title game where the final letter starts the next song title. It's harder than it looks as it would appear that all song titles end in either "e", "s", or "d"
- and a new one I invented called "Five Dice Game", named after a scorecard that my sister showed us for which she was trying to remember the name (and it turned out to be nothing but a generic version of Yahtzee) in which you have to name five things which fit into a category, like song titles that name a mode of transportation or song titles with containing names of countries
- best travelling cat in the history of travelling cats (and she only puked once and not on the new carpet either and only peed over the edge of her litter box once). But she did growl at my sister and brother in law after they arrived home before us one day.
- fart walks through the cemetery
- Kristen bringing only one shoe with her from Winnipeg to wear to the wedding, as she thought the other one might be at her mom and dad's place.
- An evening of remembering Kristen-isms, like the time their family was travelling in Italy and the girls stayed out late to play with some Italian boys. Beth told Kristen to tell their mom and dad that they were "mingling with the natives" and 4-year-old Kristen came home and told them that they were "nimbling with the Indians". Or the time she told her teacher when they were doing family trees that she was half-German, half-human.
- the fly that snuck into the car at that gas station with the nasty bathroom at Moosomin, Saskatchewan and stayed with us for the duration of the trip.
- pulling my lateral muscles in my back moving a box of books. That smarted for a few days.
the neat stuff:
- seeing Margaret Laurence's grave stone