While these pests were thought to be all but eradicated decades ago (are insects ever really eradicated?), apparently our habit of jetting willy nilly around the globe is to blame for their resurgence. People are bringing them back in their clothes from various hotel rooms around the world. And they are damned hard to get rid of, I'm told.
Suddenly I am a little less excited to be going away and staying in a hotel this weekend. In fact, I am itchy already. And I sure as hell will not place my suitcase on the bed, any more than I will sleep with the bedspread on.
I will miss:
- Chad VanGaalen concert at the Grand Theatre (my favourite venue)- the opening night of Control (although Eva suggested that maybe we could take Baba to see it. Yeah, no.)
- Cuff the Duke concert (again!)- Brook (I cannot believe she picked that weekend to leave town! Brooooook, don't go!)
- my cat- my bedbug-free bed
I am excited about:
- having 8 hours of plane flight in which to read
- catching up with some old friends (albeit briefly)- ridding myself of the guilt that comes from never visiting Jerry's mom
Something for the completionists. The USB sticks are pretty cool, I have to admit.