Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Crispy Crunch, and Sweet Tarts
How many juicy little kids have come to your house looking for treats so far tonight?
About 30-35. I lost track after I ate my fill.
You ate their brains?
No, I ate their candy. I have to watch my cholesterol.
You are often depicted in movies. In which film do you think your true nature is most accurately portrayed?
The Matrix? There weren't any zombie characters in that!
Oh, characters! I thought you were talking about actors. You know, Keanu Reeves.
Touche. Who knew that zombies were such stand-ups?
Oh yes, we many of us are regular Jerry Seinfelds. Okay then, Shaun of the Dead. I fancy myself to be a Canadian female version of Ed actually. Lovable slob, that's me.
You've been running a regular feature during October - the Zombie Files. Is that still continuing?
Tonight is the final night, actually. I'm going to do a recap of the entire series in case you missed any of the freebies we were offering up.
The Green Monkey Music Project Can't Wait for Hallowe'en edition was the impetus that started the Zombie Files, of course.
My choices for that mix were:
Furnace Room Lullaby - Neko Case
Country Death Song - the Violent Femmes
Graveyard - Chad VanGaalen
A Boy and His Machine Gun - Matthew Good Band
I Will Kill Again - Jarvis Cocker
- those songs, and the rest of that great Hallowe'en mix are still available over at Splotchy's.
The songs from the Zombie Files are still available as well, if you still want to pick them up:
- the From the Grave edition (October 3):
Leslie Ann Levine - the Decemberists
Ghost - Neutral Milk Hotel
- the Bloodsucker edition (October 10):
We Suck Young Blood (Your Time's Up) - Radiohead
Ghostsong - John Rae & the River
- the Don't Go Down into the Basement edition (October 17):
Turkish Song of the Damned - the Pogues
Over at the Frankenstein Place - Rocky Horror Picture Show
To wrap up the Zombie Files , we bring you the All Hallowed Eve edition:
Do They Know It's Hallowe'en? - North American Hallowe'en Prevention Initiative
- I had planned to offer up this song tonight, but the lovely Beth beat me to it the other day, and she gave such a great write up as well, so please head over there for the song and how it came to be. She has a lot of other awesome songs on her Hallowe'en list as well.
The Father Who Must Be Killed.mp3 - Morrissey
- after all, what's Hallowe'en without a little paternicide?
Okay, I've eaten all the candy now, and I'm starting to eye up your well-shaped skull. Maybe it's time to turn out the porch light.
Happy Hallowe'en, you delicious creatures!!