I'm still in awe about the sheer number and complexity of pranks that get pulled in the Dunder-Mifflin office (the finctional paper supply company in the US version of The Office).
And because I am being a lazy blogger today, I've lifted this list of Jim's pranks from Wikipedia. Even if you haven't seen the particular episode, the beauty of the prank is still evident.
- Encased Dwight's stapler in Jell-O.
- Encased Michael's 'World's Best Boss' coffee mug in Jell-O.
- Changed Dwight's assigned "race" from "ASIAN" to "DWIGHT" in a game created by Michael where employees wore a card on their head with differing races, and each had to try to guess their own race by the way their co-workers treated them.
- Assisted Pam in preparing a list of absurdly fake ailments during Dwight's dictatorial reign over the office's health care plan.
- Agreed to participate in an "alliance" with Dwight, which resulted with Dwight being voluntarily packaged in a box in the warehouse.
- Convinced Dwight to dye his hair blond in order to spy on the Stamford branch.
- Convinced Dwight to purchase a purse from a vendor, and then made fun of him for having it.
- Found Dwight's wallet in the parking lot, and decided, on Pam's suggestion, to give the wallet back to Dwight intact and unchanged. Dwight suspiciously cancelled all his credit cards.
- Posted Dwight's resume online and impersonated Michael Scott when a prospective employer called for a reference.
- Relocated Dwight's desk to the men's restroom.
- Popped Dwight's fitness orb.
- Convinced Dwight a Thursday was a Friday, leading to Dwight's tardiness on the following day.
- Placed Dwight's wallet and desk items in the company vending machine, which he had to buy back with a bag of nickels.
- Convinced Dwight to give a "Salesman of the Year" award speech patterned after a speech by Benito Mussilini. The prank backfired; the speech was a success.
- Paid coworkers five dollars to call Dwight "Dwayne" for an entire day.
- Convinced Dwight an abandoned infant was in the women's restroom, causing him to walk in on Meredith "on the can."
- Created a macro causing Dwight's name to read "diapers" when input on Dwight's own PC.
- Convinced Dwight that 'Ms. Dwight' calls him every week to check in on his attendance at work and general behaviour
- Replaced Dwight's writing instruments with crayons.
- Incrementally increased the weight of Dwight's telephone handset using nickels, then abruptly decreased the weight, causing Dwight to smack himself in the face with the phone.
- Placed a bloody glove in Dwight's desk and attempted to convince him that he had committed murder.
- Labeled Dwight a security threat on an oversized identification badge and typed "Fart" as his middle name.
- Moved Dwight's desk two feet closer to the copier by moving it about an inch every time Dwight went to the bathroom.
- Verbally made a complaint in front of the office to Michael by saying that "Dwight tried to kiss me".
- Encircled Dwight's desk in police tape, then arranged for Dwight's phone to ring, leaving Dwight unable to answer the phone because it would require him to cross the police tape.
- With the help of Pam, convinced Dwight that he (Jim) had telekinetic powers.
- Held Dwight's bobblehead doll for $5 ransom.
- Encased Andy's calculator in Jell-O. This prank backfired because Andy reacted violently.
- Convinced Dwight (and Michael) that gaydar was a genuine device and ultimately sent a hand-held metal detector decorated with "gaydar" branding, causing Dwight to panic when the "gaydar" went off as he inadvertently scanned himself.
- Gained access to Dwight's hotel room at a paper convention in Philadelphia. While walking into his room though, he caught a glimpse of what he thought was a hooker.
- Made high-pitched noises with Pam hoping Dwight would schedule an appointment with an ear doctor. Pam called it "Pretendinitis."
- Sent faxes signed "Future Dwight" on Dwight's own stationery, such as one warning that the coffee is poisoned, causing Dwight to run and "save" Stanley from drinking the coffee.
- Stared at Dwight's forehead, causing Dwight to think something was on his forehead.
- Gave Andy wildly incorrect "tips" on winning Pam's affections.
- Told Dwight the CIA wanted him to go on a secret mission, getting him to wait on the roof for a helicopter and destroy his cell phone
- Told Dwight that their waitress suffered from narcolepsy and couldn't remember how to butcher a goose. Dwight then graphically explained the procedure, to her shock
- While Dwight tape recorded a meeting for Michael, Jim said out loud that Dwight was completely nude, save for a baby bonnet and an Animal (from the Muppet Babies) tattoo on his stomach, holding a plastic knife to Stanley's neck.
- Glued Dwight's desk drawers together.
- Changed Dwight's voicemail so his voice sounded like a chipmunk.
- Told Dwight they had a meeting at 4am, and he was the only one that showed up.
- Shipped Dwight's desk by mail to Roswell, New Mexico, where Dwight was vacationing.
- Stole Andy's cell phone and hid it in the ceiling above his desk, and then, along with Pam, called it repeatedly.
Whew, I'm exhausted just reading about those! I alternate being really wanting to work at Dunder-Mifflin and really hating the thought of working there.
Also, I've been pretty hard on The Hour lately, but after the lovely and talented Jen sent me their webclip on the Henry Rollins interview, they are once again in my good graces.
I wrote a little kiss and make up piece on the Stroumboulopouli, which has a link to the interview clip.
Because Henry Rollins is completely hardcore!