I made the switch to itunes. I believe I was one of 6 people in the known universe who had not switched over, and now only a handful are left, a dying breed of once-proud dinosaurs. I feel like I have betrayed my people.
But really, if you are going to be listening to podcasts, which I am doing with increasing regularity, itunes is the easiest way to go.
Here then, is the inaugural itunes-generated Friday Random Shuffle Playlist:
1. New York - the Sex Pistols
2. Us and Them - Pink Floyd
3. Circus Envy - R.E.M.
4. Manifest - the Weakerthans
5. How to Disappear Completely - Radiohead
6. Dirty Blvd - Lou Reed
7. Double Takes - Christine Fellows
8. Comfort Ye, My People - Handel
9. I Held Her in My Arms - the Violent Femmes
10. Furnace Room Lullaby - Neko Case
And now that I have become such an overnight technophile, I am also test-driving mydatabus (thanks Allison). May I present the beautiful, mood-filled and ambient-like music of Great Lake Swimmers. Frontman Tony Dekker was asked at the Calgary Folk Festival this summer whether he made his mother cry every time he opened his mouth to sing. I believe he does.
Here is "I Could Be Nothing"
Be gentle with each other this weekend, kiddies. It's going to be a long winter.