No Musicians were Harmed in the Making of this Post
Pouring rain on the last day of the Folk Festival, but boy did we get a good parking spot. And with only us (now) diehard folkies in attendance, until the sun came out and dragged with it the hipsters, we were up close and drooling on our favourites.
Here's some highlights from both days we attended (in no particular order):
- Buck 65's natty yachting outfit
- Hawksley Workman, minus shirt, wailing on the drums
- Those throat singers from Denmark
- Jeff Tweedy bringing us out of the beer gardens, back to the lawn
- Seeing the Weakerthans, Christine Fellows, Jackie Leven workshop from one arm's length away from the stage
- Having John K Samson return my wave with a smile (love that smile) and a wave
- Talking to John K Samson
- Getting John K Samson's autograph
- Eva getting lots of snaps of John K Samson
- Eva playing "Scenester Bingo"
- Spotting John K Samson everwhere all afternoon
- How Christine Fellows kept forgetting the names of her songs
- How The Arrogant Worms almost made me pee my pants
- 11 different Arrogant Worms' songs named Jesus' Brother Bob
- Rippy the Gator
- The Weakerthans inviting us all to dance during Pleas From A Cat Named Virtute
- Smelling the chicken curry all afternoon throughout the park
- Eva stalking Jackson the Bounding Emo Puppy
- Spotting hetero couples (to counteract Jerry's spotting gay couples)
- Steve Earle announcing his engagement to Allison Moorer (aww)
- Overhearing one of the festival organizers describe the lovely Weakerthans as "the best band here"
Now, don't you wish you had been there?
Disclaimer: When I said that John K Samson and Christine Fellows were so darned adorable that I just wanted to stuff them and put them on our mantle, I meant that in the nicest possible way. I wouldn't harm a hair on their cute little heads.